Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Looking for New Subversion Hosting - The Criteria

As I posted a couple of days ago, I am looking for new subversion hosting. I spent some time reviewing my needs.

First, a little information about my company. We are small - there are only 5 of us. 3 of us sit in the US and 2 sit in Europe. At any one time we are working on 5 to maybe 10 projects. Our typical project lasts 3 months or longer. Still, we see quite a few projects in a year.

Money matters to us but I expect to pay for subversion hosting. I see that there are some good free subversion hosting companies out there. And I have already opened accounts with several of them just to look around. But we do enough business to justify the expense of having someone else handle the details.

So ... my criteria are

  • reliability (uptime, length of time in business,etc)
  • site performance
  • customer service
  • extra features (project management, bug tracking, etc)
  • level of community participation
  • cost
As I said, I have already opened some free accounts to check out some of the subversion hosting names on the list I made in my June 8 blog.

I expect to have my first "results" in a couple of days.

cs

No comments: